Three Kentucky Derby Day Cocktail Recipes
Recipe #1: Fit Mint Julep
The Mint Julep, minus the bourbon, is the king of the Kentucky Derby. In fact, 120,000 are made at Churchill Downs the first Saturday of every May. These are enjoyed chilled, not too sweet and with just the right measure of mint. This classic is an ideal way to enhance the already great experience. See the recipe below to make your own Fit Mint Julep:
· 4-6 mint sprigs and shake gently to release flavors
· 2 ounces of Blue Ice Vodka
· 1 tablespoon simple sugar and shake until chilled
Mix mint leaves and shake gently to release flavors. Add Blue Ice Vodka. Pour into crushed ice-filled glass until served chill.
Tips for Making a Fit Mint Julep
1. Prepare the syrup ahead of mixing into the Mint Julep, by cooling it prior.
2. If you can’t get a hold of simple syrup feel free to grab some granulate sugar instead—although the drink might not be as smooth in texture.
3. Use premium vodka that keeps the taste smooth and the calories low.
4. Integrate plenty of ice, preferably crushed to give it the classic mint julep feel—this drink is best serviced icy.
Recipe #2: Sweet Fit- Tea Julep
A fusion of two things integral to the south: The Mint Julep and Sweet Tea. We’ve fused both of these classics to make a colossal cooler during Derby Day. Here’s the Sweet Fit-Tea Julep ladies and gentlemen:
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1 oz of Blue Ice Vodka
1 lemon, sliced
2 tablespoons sugar
3 cups cold sweetened tea
Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
How to Make It
Combine first mint leaves, Blue Ice Vodka and lemon in a 2-Quart pitcher. Muddle mint leaves against sides of the pitcher and release aromas. Stir in tea and Vodka, served over crushed ice.
Recipe #3: Fit Vodka Lily
An aromatic cocktail made up of fresh lime juice, cranberry juice and a splash of Triple Sec orange liqueur, you can’t go wrong rooting on your favorite horse with a Fit Vodka Lily in hand. It’s refreshing, low-calorie and made with all the southern charm a Derby goer can ask for:
6 tablespoons cranberry juice
3 tablespoons Blue Ice Vodka
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Splash of Triple Sec
How to Make It
Fill glass to rise slightly above rim with cubed ice. Add all ingredients to the glass and stir slowly. Garnish with a fresh lime.